New Distribution Capability (NDC) has been a topic of conversation in our industry for over a decade, yet recent studies show about 10% of “travel agent sales are coming from NDC interfaces.” Until recently, 95% of NDC indirect sales are for leisure travel. That’s 1 in every 200 bookings being made with NDC technology for business travel. However, American Airlines’ recent announcement to GDSs and TMCs to be ready for NDC or else has applied pressure to our industry. Corporate travel professionals are left with many questions.
Topics Discussed During the NDC Webinar:
- Why, after over ten years, was NDC not adopted before?
- What is the point anyway (if it ain't broke, why are we fixing it)?
- Why is NDC important for the airlines, GDSs, TMCs, and corporate travel departments
- What are the ramifications if GDSs/TMCs do not meet AA’s requirements in April?
- Will other airlines and segments also follow suit?
- How can our industry adapt to these changes and mitigate leakage?
The Webinar Panelists:
- Cory Garner, CEO, Garner
- Suzanne Boyan, Global Meetings & Travel Manager, ZS Associates
- Chuck Fischer, VP of Distribution & Financial Services, ARC
- Justin Morris, Director of Sales, Traxo (Moderator)
For more information on how complete travel data helps companies manage the impacts of NDC, including increased travel data leakage, contact Traxo today.
Watch the NDC Webinar Recording